Thursday, August 28, 2008

Choices

I am struggling to live out the philosophies that I embrace in my studies. It is a good thing for me to be challenged and to be reminded that what sounds quite logical and important (and is), isn't always as easy at it is simple.

I am exhausted. I want to relax and have fun. I have much to be happy about (see previous post) and to look forward to. Despite those realities, I feel crabby and tired, and I want to whine! Yet, I recognize that I am making choices - each choice to whine takes me further from my own joy. Each choice to worry, to find the negative, to frown...is a choice to give away the joie d'vivre that is hard-wired in me. I don't have to make those choices. I recognize that sometimes we are just tired - sometimes I am just tired - and in those times I am weak. However, gaining strength and rejuvenating doesn't come from giving in to exhaustion, it comes from recognizing the Breath of Life, the hope that transcends daily worries. It is in this choice, in the choice to smile, to embrace, and to live Now rather than next week, that I can find the peace that I need right now.

Writing helps...

No comments: