Sunday, August 24, 2008

Transitions

This has been a summer of transitions. I knew it would be a busy one and that's why I decided to take the semester off from college studies. Although I have continued to be involved in my practicum activities, I think it was the best idea ever to refrain from committing to academic study.
The summer started with a new grand-child. Dylan was born on July 3 and is a gem. Who knew what fun it would be to have a grand-baby!! (Actually, every grandmother knows it and I've been told a million times! :-) He's so cute and changes rapidly so I'm sad that I don't get to see him very often. But, that's the way life is and I can choose to regret that or choose to treasure the times that we are together!

I went on a sisters' retreat in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Lynne and I flew there and Eileen hosted. It was a wonderful 5 days, exploring the cities, devouring the creation of Eileen & Shelly's house and yard, and mostly just spending the time with my sisters. Great stuff!

Now we are about to see Jake & Jenny married and housed, and to bid bon voyage to Luke & Katie. It is going to be an emotion-filled beginning of September as the life events for my 'children' impact my sense of self. It is with joy that I see each of them on their own adventures - knowing that they are in the right places at the right times. Life unfolds in the most amazing ways, and I never cease to be in awe of the movements, the dance of lives that weave in and out, held by the bond of family.

Life is good. I'm a happy person!

No comments: